What You Need to Know: WILPF Triennial Congress, June 1-5, 2011
US WILPF Triennial Congress
JUNE 1-5, 2011
Updated Info: Click here for a complete guide to all the WILPF venues at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill - includes maps & photos.
Click here to view and download a pdf of this information.
What You Need to Know:
- Congress Schedule: Click here to view and download the Congress workshop and event schedule. (pdf)
- Congress Schedule with Descriptions: Click here to view and download detailed descriptions of Congress plenaries, workshops and events. (pdf)
- Deadlines: Registration must be RECEIVED in the WILPF office by May 1, 2011. A late registration fee of $25.00 may be required after May 1.
- Changing Your Registration Details: If you want to add or remove items, change your preferences/requirements or switch to a different type of registration, please contact Director of Operations, Laurie Belton (email@example.com or 617-266-0999). All changes must be complete by May 22, 2011.
- Refund Policy: Prior to May 1, you will received a full refund minus a $25.00 processing fee; May 1 – 15, 50% refund; and after May 15, no refund may be given.
- Scholarships: Assistance with the cost of attending the Congress will be provided as donated funds are available. Please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
(1) have you already registered for congress?
(2) how many days/nights you plan to attend?
(3) your estimated travel costs to attend?
(4) how much scholarship support do you anticipate needing?
(5) are you a current member of WILPF U.S., and do you belong to a local branch?
- Early Arrival/Late Departure: Rooms may be available for individuals who wish to arrive prior to Wednesday afternoon or to stay beyond Sunday morning. Daily rates for lodging and meals are the same as those during the Congress. For more information, please contact the North Carolina Congress Coordinating Committee by phone at (919) 619-6546 or via email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that, when making flight reservations, the nearest airport is Raleigh-Durham [RDU].
Parking: Parking is available on campus within walking distance of the primary Congress venue (a shuttle is also available from the parking lots). Parking rates are $6.00 (ungated) or $12 (gated lot) per day.
Ground Transportation (updated info): The following link, which was specifically created for WILPF - https://www.supershuttle.com/default.aspx?GC=U47QG - should automatically generate the WILPF discount codewhen you reserve your shuttle transportation online. Note: The last five digits of the link are the actual code you will use. On the website, where it asks for a discount code please type in U47QG. If you need instead to telephone to reserve your shuttle, please tell them you are with WILPF in order to receive the discount. When asked where you need to go from the Raleigh-Durham airport (RDU), tell them you are going to the Hardin Dormitory on Manning Drive at Ridge Road on the UNC campus in Chapel Hill.
If, when you arrive at the airport, you need to call them, the phone number for the BLUE VAN (SuperShuttle) is 800-258-3826.
If you need any assistance with Ground Transportation, please don’t hesitate to contact me via email (email@example.com) or by phone (919-619-6546). Finally, please be sure to thank the Super Shuttle folks because they, particularly their local Sales Manager, Melanie Vollrath, have been very accommodating and enthusiastic about WILPF.
- UNC Campus Map: You can view and download various maps of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Campus here. Or you can directly view and download a pdf 3D map of the campus by clicking here.
- Other Questions?: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Director of Operations, Laurie Belton (email@example.com or 617-266-0999).