From the Local to the Global
New Program to Support Delegates from Active WILPF branches at the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women
Here's how it works:
- You commit to strengthening WILPF's work at the United Nations.
- WILPF commits to offering you the opportunities and support you need to do just that.
- You commit to spending the week of February 19 - 26 in New York City, and to attending the WILPF National Congress in Chapel Hill, NC, from June 2-5, and to holding one U.N.-centric educational event with your branch in between.
- We commit to covering your transportation to and from New York City, to lodging you in a full service hotel near the U.N., to offering you a complete orientation to the United Nations and the CSW, and providing a full breakfast every day during your week in New York.
- We further commit to covering your National Congress Registration fees, meals and lodging in Chapel Hill.
- In return, you commit to learning all you can during your visit and sharing as much of what you learn with your sister WILPFers in your branch and across the U.S. Section.
As you may know, Hilary Clinton has recently stated that the U.S. will be creating a National Action Plan for the implementation of Security Council Resolution 1325. The WILPF delegation at the Commission on the Status of Women meetings will brainstorm and strategize WILPF’s role in facilitating civil society dialogue and consultations relevant to the development of this plan.
To apply to be part of this special delegation, please download and complete the application and submit along with two letters of endorsement from members of your WILPF branch to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com no later than Wednesday, December 22, 2011. Delegates will be informed of the status of their application no later than December 29, 2011. NGO Registration for the 2011 Commission on the Status of Women meetings will be strictly limited in 2011, due to space constraints resulting from ongoing construction and repairs. If space allows, any WILPF member may participate in the Commission on the Status of Women meetings by registering with Laurie Belton (firstname.lastname@example.org); however, our special funding allows us to offer this subsidized program to only 6 women in 2011.
Delegates will be expected to provide for their own meals and ground transportation while in New York, and for their own transportation to Chapel Hill.
Click here to view and download the application as a Word doc.
Click here to view and download the application as a pdf.
Click here to view and download a list of Frequently Asked Questions as a pdf.