Corporations v. Democracy
The Corporations v. Democracy Issue Committee is dedicated to understanding how corporations use their illegitimate constitutional "rights" and powers to define our law, politics, jurisprudence, work, technologies, food, communities... you name it! We do this by learning and helping others to learn how we got into this mess through the discovery and study of hidden histories. At the same time, we rethink WILPF activism in the context of our right to self governance and the meaning of real (radical) democracy, including the skills required to put it into practice.
- Recent Articles and Posts
- Study Groups
Browse and download the interactive guide
- Corporate Personhood Organizing Packet
- Committee Contacts
- September 2008 Statement on Corporate Greed Causing Financial Collapse.
- April 2009 Cash for Clunkers article
- May 2009: "Single Payer Is Coming" article on health insurance by Mary Zepernick,ex-WILPF President
- September 2009: WILPF Goes to Court! Join in the effort to fight the attempt to overturn laws preventing corporations from contributing to campaigns in federal elections!