During the 19th Triennial Congress of the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF), 17-20 July 1974 in Birmingham, England, WILPF urged all governments:
- to bring pressure on the military junta to release all political prisoners,
- to save the lives of all the surviving former members of the legal government,
- to give safe conduct to all Chileans and foreigners who wish to leave Chile,
- to cease the forced unemployment of hundreds of thousands of people designated as enemies by the junta,
- to cease courts-martial held in secret, arbitrary arrests and detention without charges, torture, and executions.