The 25th Triennial Congress of the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom, 1-6 July 1992 in Santa Cruz, Bolivia:
WILPF supports the basic demands of the world’s indigenous peoples – these are for human rights, land, and the environment. We subscribe to the perspective that Mother Earth is being violated in an exploitative, destructive, non-ecological manner. We respect the desire of the indigenous people to maintain their cultural traditions. We oppose the economic and cultural system that marginalises indigenous peoples – especially women. We decry the racism inherent in these practices.
1. The objectives of the indigenous consultation held in 1992 in Brazil;
2. The 1993 International year of the World’s Indigenous People;
3. The programme of opposition to the effects of 500 years of invasions of the Americas;
4. The indigenous people’s right to self-determination;
5. The objectives of the People’s Movement for a Nuclear Free and Independent Pacific.