The Administrative and Office Intern (AOI) primary responsibility is to support WILPF Geneva office in its daily activities. The intern will assist the administration team on daily processes, organising and manag-ing files and the office space, acting as receptionists, and supporting WILPF with various organisational tasks in collaboration with other staff.
The intern will be reporting directly to the Office Coordinator (OC) and International Office Manager (IOM) and work closely with the rest of the Finance and Administration teams.
1. Office and Administration:
- Assist the Office Coordinator (OC) / International Office Manager (IOM) with the day-to-day administration/management of the office;
- Act as receptionist, answer the phones and make administrative calls on behalf of WILPF;
- Maintain and organise the office space;
- Maintain online server (tresorit) and ensure the proper management of files;
- Assist in updating the various office lists including Asset Register list, inventory list and provid-ers list;
- Assist the OC/IOM in developing and finalising a Geneva office manual.
2. Operations Coordination:
- Keep the Human Resources matrix/database up to date;
- Assist the OC/IOM in the administration/management of WILPF’s human resources: recruit-ment process, onboarding and offboarding processes;
- Assist the OC/IOM in coordinating/tracking staff leaves, timesheets and activity reports.
- Special projects as they arise;
- Participate in staff and team meetings;
- Maintain confidentiality of WILPF records and processes at all times;
- Ad-hoc administrative tasks can be requested to support WILPFs work;
- Help improving existing tools or developing new tools to improve follow-up systems;
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French;
- Knowledge of Human Resources and office administration desirable;
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations desirable;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organisational skills and multi-tasking;
- Proactive and can-do attitude, readiness to help out other team members as necessary, ability to work efficiently
- Good knowledge of Office 365 and Microsoft Office;
- Desired familiarity with task management tools such as Trello and Monday;
- Knowledge of and commitment to WILPF’s values and mission.
Education and Experience:
- Have at least a Bachelor Degree or equivalent in human resources, public administration or re-lated fields.
- Experience interning or volunteering in a non-profit organisation is a plus.
Conditions and Eligibility:
Terms: 80-100% position for 6 months (mid-September 2020 to mid-March 2021)
Based in: Geneva, Switzerland
Start date: as soon as possible
Eligibility: Due to the COVID-19 situation, only candidates currently based in Switzerland or in the French neighborhood and with a valid Swiss working permit to work full-time will be considered.
We also expect you to pursue or intend to pursue studies such as a university or Masters Degree or in human resources, public administration or a related field after this internship. This internship could also be part of a professional reintegration training programme.
WILPF is a member of the “We Pay Our Interns” initiative, which means that we pay a gross monthly stipend of 900 CHF.
How to apply:
If you share our values and our goals and wish to get practical experience, then send your cover letter and CV by email at internship (a) wilpf.org by Monday 07 September 2020 as a priority deadline. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please write “Application Administrative and Office intern” in the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications without a cover letter and CV will not be accepted.