The Finance Associate’s primary responsibility is reviewing the bookkeeping and accounts of the organization; this includes credit card, cash and PayPal payments and the processing of the monthly payroll.
The Finance Associate provides support for all financial and its related administrative matters; reviews the accounting and bookkeeping of the transactions of the organization; applying applicable standards, which includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records; responsible for payments as well as processing of the monthly payroll.
- Support the Finance Manager with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the accounting.
- Review as well as coding of income and expenditures to ensure grant compliance on monthly basis.
- Supervises the external bookkeeper.
- Prepare the bookkeeping documents for the external bookkeeper.
- First point of contact for questions from the external bookkeeper.
- Review the accounts and monthly bookkeeping.
- Ensure proper documentation of financial records according to the Finance Manual.
- Review General Ledger and reconciliation (payables, receivables, advances made to staff and partners) on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for the organizational payments using credit card, petty cash and Paypal.
- Ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with financial policies and procedures.
- Send out notifications of payments.
- Responsible for fee invoices and payment collection process from the WILPF sections.
- Support the Finance Manager in the annual audit.
- Act as a reference and coordination contact for the auditors during the audit.
- When required, support the Grant coordinators with the review of the partners and sections financial reports.
- Responsible for the monthly gift acknowledgements.
- Process monthly payroll for Geneva office and Employees’ Pay slips preparation.
- Support with preparation of relevant taxation obligations of the organization (once per year).
- Support the Finance Manager on other tasks when required.
- Authorize flight quotations from the travel agencies and review travel agency statements.
- Contact point with the travel agency in case of statement discrepencies.
- Responsible for the coordination of the WILPF Finance email.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Knowledge of a bookkeeping system and reconciliation of financial data software, preferably Cresus.
- Knowledge of Swiss payroll standards
Education and Experience
- Degree/Certificate in Accounting or Finance
- 3-4 years of experience in a similar position or transferable skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, especially Excel).
- Be able to demonstrate attention to detail and good-record-keeping.
- Prior experience in NGOs and/or UN system is a plus.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French.
- Ability to establish priorities and to multi-task.
- Team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization.
- Dedication to and interest in WILPF’s work, aims and principles.
- Spoken and written communications’ skills.
Reporting lines: Finance Manager
Duration: Indefinite contract with a 3-mont probation period
Activity rate: 100%
Based in: Geneva, Switzerland
Gross annual salary range: CHF 55’000 to CHF 65’000 (see note below)
Start date: as soon as possible
Note: WILPF is currently conducting an Human Resources assessment expected to be completed by the end of 2021, aiming to review the current design and structure of WILPF Secretariat’s positions, aligning it with a revision of the remuneration and compensation package. The outcomes of this assessment could therefore impact the specificities of this position.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “Application for Finance Associate” in the subject for consideration.
We will review applications and contact candidates for interviews on a rolling basis.