Are you committed to working together to build a better world and are looking for an opportunity to support collective feminist power? Do you have a strong background in financial management of grants or project finance and are passionate about working together with programme staff, our offices and partners to make the projects happen? Then you could be the Grants Coordinator we are looking for.
The world’s need to advance feminist peace is growing rapidly and so is the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF). Several jobs are available, and among them the post of Grants Coordinator.
As our Grants Coordinator you will be responsible for the financial management of selected large grants and will work closely with the programmatic teams to implement the projects.
The primary responsibility of the Grants Coordinator is the financial management of selected large grants, and includes, sub-granting, plus ensuring compliance with WILPF policies and procedures and donor/grant conditions.
- Responsbile for the compliance and financial management of assigned large grants and subsequent sub-grants.
- First point of contact on all matters related to the financial management of the assigned grants.
- Financial monitoring of the assigned grants.
- Coordinate and review donors’ contracts.
- Responsible for accurate financial donor reports.
- Ensure that the projects comply with the accounting rules according to Swiss GAAP, WILPF financial policy and procedures, and donor requirements.
- Review of partners and/or sections’ financial reports.
- Coordinate the selection process for external consultancies.
- Review partners, service providers and consultants’ contracts.
Capacity building and support
- Support projects managers in financial management.
- Ensure appropriate financial processes are being followed.
- Conduct organisational and financial capacity assessment of partner organisations.
- Conduct financial management capacity building and training to project managers and WILPF’s sub-grantees.
Monitoring and reporting to donors and project managers
- Budget monitoring of the assigned grants.
- Produce accurate and timely donor financial reports in collaboration with the project managers and Finance team.
- Manage financial project audits.
- Maintain accurate filing of grants documentation according to Swiss law.
- Responsible for the submission of accurate budgets for donor proposals in collaboration with the programme team.
- Support programme in their budget development.
- Develop monitoring tools for proposals and grants follow up.
- Support Finance Manager on all issues related to grants management.
- Carry out other related duties as required and agreed.
Technical skills and Knowledge
- Skills in finance and/or grant management.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with expertise of Excel.
- Ability to analyze financial data, prepare financial reports and statements.
- Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting.
- Ability to interpret financial information to programmatic colleagues who do not necessarily have finance background.
- Ability to nurture interpersonal relationships and good communication skills.
- Solution-orientated and can-do attitude.
- Able to work independently while at the same time being a team-player.
- Interest in WILPF’s mission.
Education, Languages and Experience
- University degree in finance, business management business economics and/or related areas.
- Proven experience in project finance management and/or grants management.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in a similar position or transferable skills.
- Previous experience in an NGO
- Fluency in written and spoken English. French and /or Arabic is a plus.
Reporting lines: Finance Manager
Duration: Open ended contract
Activity rate: Ideally 100%, open to candidates interested in 80-100%
Based in: Geneva, Switzerland
Annual gross salary: Based on experience and qualifications between CHF 66’000 and CHF 72’000
Start date: as soon as possible
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “Application for Grants Coordinator position” in the subject for consideration.
We will review applications and contact candidates for interviews on a rolling basis. With the first review starting as of 25 June 2021.
The job publication will be closed on 30 June 2021.