Are you an expert in human resources experienced with international NGOs and looking for an opportunity to practically support a feminist peace organisation with its personnel management system?
The Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF) Secretariat is hiring an independent human resources consultant or firm to assess and make recommendations on our human resources systems and policies. WILPF has since 1915 brought together women around the globe to work for peace and has a staff/consultant team of 35. We are looking for a consultant or firm who has experience with INGOs, demonstrates an understanding of WILPFs purpose and culture, and has a sound knowledge of Labour Law.
Overview of Consultancy Terms of Reference:
Specific results and outputs of the assignment:
· Updated Position Analysis (PA), Position Descriptions and Documentation.
· Updated inclusive compensation plan and procedure including salary range / salary sheet by function and related implementation plan/procedure and benefits package.
· Updated personnel policies along with implementation and communication plan.
· Recommendations on a consultancy policy with local and international rates.
· Overall short report with recommendations.
Specific Areas of Focus of the assignment:
1. Review Organisational Structure, Positions and Job Descriptions and develop Position Analysis (PA), Position Descriptions and Documentation to review and determine if current positions are accurately classified and/or assess any changes in duties or significant shift in responsibilities.
2. Review Inclusive Compensation:
2.1. Salary Range/Salary sheet by function including benchmarking for comparisons of the salary packages (including employee benefits) against similar positions in the INGO sector based in Geneva, New York, London and other relevant remote locations.
2.2. Review employee benefits and make other concrete and practical benefit-related recommendations.
3. Review and update Personnel Policies and finalise policies accordingly.
4. Recommend on a Consultancy Policy and Terms of Reference Templates and make other concrete and practical recommendations.
5. Make other concrete and practical recommendations on WILPF Human Resources systems and policies.
· Recognised experts in human resources, compensation and benefits and work practices with preferably experience in INGOs in Switzerland and New York
· Sound knowledge of Labour Law
· Deep knowledge of compensation and benefits packages
· Robust communications skills in English and French (spoken and written)
· Knowledge of feminist approaches to human resources including experience in implementing diversity and inclusion strategies
· Affinity with WILPFs purpose and mission
Terms of contract:
Duration: Contract duration is flexible. Estimated approx 6 months with a starting date December 2020/January 2021.
Based in: Geneva or other location if agreed
Given the diversity of the tasks, the assignment could be shared by a team or multiple consultants. Please specify your area of expertise in your proposal.
How to apply:
Please submit your proposal with estimated budget, CV/profile or offer, references and cover letter to jobs (a) wilpf.org with “Application for Human Resource Consultant” in the subject for consideration before 6 December 2020. Read more about WILPF as a membership peace organisation on: wilpf.org