The Interim Office Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day coordination of operations of the WILPF’s International Secretariat in Geneva, Switzerland. The IOC is also responsible for providing human resources administration as well as financial support to the organisation. This is an interim position created to cover maternity leave of the International Office manager.
1. Human Resources Administration:
- Ensure compliance with WILPF’s Personnel Policies and other procedures.
- Provide support to managers and directors in the recruitment process for general services staff/interns and for program staff/interns in Geneva.
- Lead on coordinating recruitment process for Human Resources consultant and Office Assistant.
- Coordinate onboarding and off boarding of interns and staff.
- Process and provide support to programmes in the contract process for consultants, staff and interns in Geneva.
- Provide support to the payroll process, monthly and annual declaration of salaries.
- Coordinate the liaison with the competent authorities on staff benefits/social charges (1st and 2nd pillars).
- Liaise with the insurance company on staff insurances.
- Coordinate the declaration of any accidents or sickness, unemployment benefits or maternity leave.
- Coordinate the process, submission and follow up on work permit applications.
- Deal with human resources issues as they arise in consultation with the management team.
- Supervise the Administrative and Office Intern.
- Coordinate the running of day-to-day operations of the Geneva office.
- Oversee the general maintenance and organising of the office space.
- In charge of the office roster for the rotation of Geneva staff as part of the Protection Plan in place during COVID-19.
- Participate in special Task Force in place during COVID-19.
- Liaise with the office housing agency and vendors.
- Follow protocols and procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Coordinate assets management of the Geneva office.
- Provide programme support to ensure an efficient coordination and smooth implementation of activities.
Coordination and Capacity Building of Partners:
- Lead the communication and coordination with partners on all issues related to policy and advocacy.
- Build and enhance the capacity of partners on issues related to advocacy in coordination with other programmes.
- Produce written guides and toolkits in Arabic to raise capacity and awareness of partners on advocacy and engaging with international treaty bodies.
- Oversee the arrangement of all advocacy delegations and capacity building meetings including all logistical arrangements.
- Coordinate expenses for the administration/overhead budget.
- Provide support to the Financial Manager in audit processes and budgeting.
- Provide follow up on donations and legacies if applicable.
- Participate in Special projects as they arise.
- Participate in staff and team meetings as agreed.
- Assist the IOM in developing and finalising a Geneva office manual.
2. Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in office coordination, human resources administration, and financial support.
- Knowledge of Swiss law and regulations in terms of personnel, finances and taxes desirable.
- Knowledge of procurement processes and practices desirable.
- Understanding of bookkeeping, budgeting and grants management desirable.
- Proficiency in MS Office and office management software.
- Multitasking and ability to meet deadlines.
- Develop and maintain accurate records and files.
- Great written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational, planning & problem-solving skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal relationship ability.
- Excellent spoken and written English and French is required.
- Committed to WILPF’s values and principles.
Education and Experience:
This position requires:
- University’s degree in public administration, business administration or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of work experience in NGO office coordination.
- Demonstrated ability in non-profit operations coordination, human resources administration, or financial support.
Start date: September 2020
End Date: End-December 2020
Contract: Short term contract
Salary: 65’000 CHF (based on a 100% basis)
Activity rate: 60-100%
Location: Geneva office (minimum of 3 days in the office)
Reporting to: IOM (From November 4) FM and DGP (Sept and Oct)
Only candidates with a valid Swiss work permit or EU citizens will be considered.
Only short-term candidates will be contacted.
How to apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to jobs (a) wilpf.org with “Interim Office Coordinator” in the subject line.
Deadline for application: By Monday 07 September 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.