Are you a born communicator? Are you enthusiastic about creating editorial and visual content? Do you have a keen creative and organisational mind that you would like to put to good use for feminist peace? Do social networks, newsletters and websites have, almost, no secrets for you?
Then apply to be our next intern and support the Digital Communications Coordinator in her ongoing effort to raise awareness for feminist peace online!
As a digital communication intern you will have the opportunity to:
– support the digital communications coordinator in the implementation of the communications strategy on our online platforms (social media, website, and newsletters);
– participate in the development of our website and microsites dedicated to special projects;
– assist in the implementation of our campaigns, from content creation to distribution
– be part of the creation and coordination of our newsletters
– support the analytical follow-up of our digital communication and bring a fresh look for the improvement of our statistics
– produce and/or assist in the development of digital content and/or print materials
– assist with our communications activities at the UN when needed, hereunder coordinating the live streaming of side events, interviewing activists, packaging of event materials, and similar alongside the digital communications coordinator.
– connecting and communicating on WILPF’s activities with media outlets, NGOs, and activists to promote WILPF’s activities;
– connecting and engaging with members from WILPF’s national Sections;
– In addition to supporting everyday communications, you will assist in many bigger projects: the creation of our upcoming podcast series, the revamp of our Instagram page, specific campaigns, etc.
… Above all, learn everything you need to become the strongest feminist peace advocate you can be. Remember, an internship is about learning, transforming theory into practice, improving your skills, and getting real experience on your CV!
– you have already experimented on WordPress or a similar platform
– you know how to use Mailchimp or a similar platform, and you have a strong interest in creating newsletters
– social networks are really your thing and you know how to follow (and hop on) trends
– you are a student of digital communication or have followed this subject assiduously during your studies – which you are still pursuing
– you understand what motivates and inspires feminist activists and want to be part of the movement
– you like and know how to write in a catchy and inspiring way
– you enjoy working in a team and have the ability to complete assignments independently
– you have a fresh perspective on digital communication and online activism
– you communicate in a positive, pacifist, and feminist way and always try to find the right solutions for the advancement of feminist peace
– you are organised yet flexible
– you are open-minded, willing to learn, and not afraid to take initiatives
– you are fluent in English – oral and written
– video editing skills are a plus
– We are a feminist organisation each day following what we preach.
– We are a small team driven by passionate individuals, who focus on cooperation, good chemistry, and a sense of responsibility.
– Our culture is informal, yet professional, and we strongly rely on teamwork, so we are looking for a team player!
– Our team consists of multiple nationalities and it is based in three offices (Geneva, London, New York). Our working language is English.
– We are one of the oldest women’s peace organisations, founded in 1915. We work for peace, disarmament, gender equality, and social justice. Since 1948, we have Consultative Status with the UN, where we regularly advocate for positive changes for women and girls. Find out more on who we are and what we do here: wilpf.org
Terms of internship:
– Six months internship, 100%.
– Remote work with the possibility of (sometimes) working in our office if you are based in Geneva (depending on COVID-19 regulations)– or its surroundings
– You will be reporting to the Digital Communications Coordinator and will have the opportunity to collaborate with other members of our communications team
– Starting date: as soon as possible
– Salary: WILPF is part of the charter We Pay Our Interns,
How to apply:
If you think you are the intern we are looking for, please send us your application (CV with no photo and letter of motivation) as soon as possible, explaining how you fit the role. Send your application to email@example.com. Please write “Digital Communications Intern” in the subject field. Deadline is 4 October 2021. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.