Gender Justice & Business & Human Rights
25 June @ 12:00 pm1:00 pm
Interested in discussing how neoliberal economic policies and corporate impunity impact on women’s rights? If so, join us for the side event Gender Justice and Business and Human Rights to hear about concrete examples of women’s struggles against corporate power and about how international human rights law can address these challenges.
- Ending systemic abuse and violence by negative corporate practices;
- changing the global economic system that enables abuse and prevents gender justice;
- the role of international human rights law;
- the recently issued Gender guidance on the Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights;
- the draft binding instrument on transnational corporations and other business enterprises.
- Tchenna Maso, Movimentos dos Atingidos por Barragens – Brasil
- Prof. Surya Deva, UN Working Group on Business and Human Rights
- Patricia Schultz, Senior Research Associate UNRISD, former member of the CEDAW Committee
- Nela Porobić Isaković, WILPF International, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Marianna Leite, Christian Aid as moderator.
Refreshments will be provided.
The event is open to people holding a badge to the UN.