Are you a natural communicator with flair for online communications and email campaigning? Are you an enthusiast for social media? Do you have a proven track record working with WordPress and Mailchimp? Do you want to contribute to the advancement of feminist peace and support the work of an international grassroots women’s organisation?
Then you could be the Digital Communications Coordinator we are searching for.
As our new Digital Communications Coordinator your responsibilities and tasks will be to:
- Support implementation of WILPF’s Communication Strategy with leadership on digital communication.
- Coordinate the development of WILPF’s website wilpf.org, and liaise with our programmes Reaching Critical Will and PeaceWomen for information exchange/management of content on their respective websites. Serve as inhouse web expert.
- Implement our social media content plan and coordinate all our social media platforms. Be the focal point for campaigning on social media.
- Coordinate segmented email campaigns, managing newsletter lists, drafting campaign content, and developing and monitoring engagements.
- Utilise Google Analytics and similar stats to track our digital traffic and to support our Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning projects with statistic from our digital engagement as well as influencing our content strategies.
- Produce and/or assist with the development of publications and other printed materials, hereunder coordinating with external contractors.
- Assist with our communications activities at the UN when needed, hereunder coordinating the live streaming of side events, interviewing activists, packaging of event materials and similar.
- Be the point of contact for our Communicators Network, ensuring that the network is nurtured, trained and used.
- It is essential that you have expert hands-on experience with WordPress, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Mailchimp is really your thing and you have an in-depth knowledge of email marketing, including segmented campaigning, split-testing, graphic design etc.
- You follow trends on social media.
- Ideally you have experience or a background in marketing or ICT, or you are a journalist with flair for positive grassroot communications and ICT.
- You have minimum 3 years’ experience working with communications.
- You have an in-depth understanding of what drives feminist and peace activists and motivates readers online.
- You write well, are perceptive and know how to tell a good story. Your focus is on creating hope, not fear, and you are aware of value-based communications.
- You work independently, systematically, have a professional attitude, but you are also a dedicated team player, and know how to get things done.
- You see the big picture, but you are also able to focus on the value of small details.
- You know the importance of being a good listener and asking the right questions in order to find communications solutions.
- You are fluent in English and French.
- We are a feminist organisation each day following what we preach.
- We are a small team driven by passionate individuals, who focus on cooperation, good chemistry and sense of responsibility.
- Our culture is informal, yet professional, and we have a strong preference for teamwork.
- Our team consists of multiple nationalities, is based in three offices (Geneva, London, New York) and our working language is English.
- Read more about WILPF as a membership peace organisation on:wilpf.org
Terms of employment
1 year contract with a possibility of renewal, 80-100%
Based in Geneva
Starting date: 01.12.2019
Gross annual salary is 60-70.000 CHF depending on your experience and qualifications.
You will be reporting to our Communications Manager, who will also be your supervisor.
How to apply
If you think you are who we are looking for, please send us your application (CV and letter of motivation) as soon as possible, explaining how you fit the role. Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Digital Communications Coordinator” in the subject field. Deadline is 15 November 2019. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.