Grants Finance Coordinator, Geneva
The primary responsibility of the Grants Finance Coordinator is to support the financial management aspects of grants and sub-granting and ensurecompliance with WILPF policies and procedures, donors’ rules and regulations, and any other requirements.
Grants compliance and support
- Support the Compliance and Financial management aspects of grants and sub-granting.
- Coordinate and review donors’ contracts
- Follow all accounting compliance and observe all policies and mandated procedures.
- Ensure WILPF Finance Management Manual and donor requirements or restrictions are complied with.
- Coordinate the selection process for external consultancies.
- Review partners, service providers and consultants’ contracts.
- Ensure the 2nd review of partners and/or sections’ financial reports.
Capacity building and support
- Support projects managers in the financial management activities, such as cash reports, purchase request forms, and expenses claims.
- Ensure appropriate financial processes are being implemented.
- Conduct capacity assessment of partners.
- Build capacity of projects’ managers and WILPF’s sub-grantees.
Monitoring and reporting to donors and project managers
- Produce accurate and timely donor financial reports in collaboration with the project managers and Finance team.
- Coordinate donors’ audit.
- Maintain accurate filing of grants documentation.
- Support all project staff on proposal and budget development.
- Develop monitoring tools for proposals and grants follow up.
- Support to Financial Manager for all issues related to grants management.
- Carry out other related duties as required and agreed.
Technical skills and Knowledge
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Skills in finance and/or grant management
- Ability to analyse financial data, prepare financial reports and statements
- Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting
- Transparency and accountability
- Integrity and proficiency
- Ability to interpret financial information to programmatic colleagues who do not necessarily have finance background.
- Ability to nurture interpersonal relationships and good communication skills.
- Interest in WILPF’s mission.
Education, Languages and Experience
- University degree in finance/accounting.
- Demonstrated ability in project financial management and grants management.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar position or transferable skills.
- Previous experience in an NGO is a plus.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, and French and/or Arabic is a plus.
- Reporting lines: The Finance Manager
- Duration: Temporary contract for 10 months with a 2-month probation period
- Activity rate: 100%
- Based in: Geneva, Switzerland
- Monthly Salary: Based on experience and qualifications (CHF 5’400-CHF 5’800)
- Start date: as soon as possible
How to apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “Application for Grants Finance Coordinator position” in the subject for consideration.
We will review applications and contact candidates for interviews on a rolling basis.