Travel scholarships for young WILPF members
The Kay Camp Fund of WILPF was established to honour past national and international Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF) president, Ms. Kay Camp.
The Fund provides funding for active young WILPF members (age 35 and under) who are planning international travel to attend events related to peace, disarmament and human rights. Preference will be given to peace activists who can use the funds to increase leadership skills in their ongoing work for justice and peace.
Applicants shall include:
1. Description of the planned trip.
2. Purpose and objectives of the travel.
3. Date and duration of the travel.
4. A narrative statement regarding the applicant’s financial need.
5. An estimated budget.
6. A letter of nomination from their WILPF Section or, for international members, from another WILPF body.
7. Two letters of reference from WILPF members.
8. A short bio of the applicant.
9. A brief essay stating how the applicant’s participation at the event will further the achievement of their and WILPF’s goals.
Applications are accepted only in English and should be submitted electronically to kaycampfund (a) wilpf.org.
Funding decisions are made twice a year following application deadlines of 28 February and 30 September. We hope to fund three applicants for each round of application.
• The Kay Camp Fund Committee will consider financial need, and the leadership potential of the applicant.
• We encourage application from people with the widest diversity of background, culture and experience.
• It is expected that the grantee would remain involved with WILPF for at least two years after the event.
• Expenses will be considered for a portion of the event registration and transportation costs. Maximum funding for any one grant is USD 1’000, although the Committee reserves the right to grant lesser amounts depending on the number of qualified applicants.
• Funds will not be given to the same grantee within five years.
• No more than two members from any Section will be funded in one year.
• Unused monies are to be returned to the Kay Camp Fund at the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom, address below.
• At the conclusion of the trip, a report, a financial statement, and photos (if available) are to be sent to WILPF and the Kay Camp Fund Committee by email or mail at addresses below. These materials may be used in WILPF publications.
• In some years, some limited funds may be used for travel within the United States.
Contact for reports or to return unused funds:
Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom
Attn: Ashish Mahajan
777 United Nations Plaza, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10017-