Scholarship Grants for WILPF Members for International Travel
The Kay Camp Fund of WILPF was established to honor past national and international Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF) president, Dr. Kay Camp. The Fund provides funding for active young WILPF members (age 35 and under) who are planning international travel for a WILPF, United Nations, or other related peace, justice and international relations event. Preference will be given to peacemakers who can use the funds to increase leadership skills in the ongoing work for justice and peace.
1. Applicants must have a letter of nomination from their WILPF branch or, for at-‐large members, from another WILPF.
2. The Kay Camp Fund Committee will consider financial need, and the leadership potential of the applicant. We also seek to increase diversity among WILPF.
3. Expenses will be considered for a portion of the registration and transportation costs. Maximum funding for any one grant is $1,000.00, although the Committee reserves the right to grant lesser amounts depending on the number of qualified applicants. Funds will not be given to the same grantee within five years.
4. A completed application in English will include:
- Purpose of the visit
- Goal to be accomplished
- Date and duration
- A description of the planned trip
- A narrative statement regarding financial need
- An estimated budget. Please provide proof of passport and appropriate travel documents or include in your budget.
- Two letters of reference from WILPF members
- The fund committee seeks to increase diversity among WILPF. Please tell us about yourself.
- Brief essay stating how this participation will further the achievement of the individual’s and WILPF’s goals.
5. Funding decisions will be made twice a year following application deadlines of 28 February and 31 August. We hope to fund 3 applicants in the spring and 3 in the fall.
This year we will be releasing the scholarship just once because the WILPF triennial Congress will be in August of 2018, Scholarship applications for 2018 will be accepted only from 10 April to 15 May 2018
6. At the conclusion of the trip, a report, a financial statement, and photos (if available) are to be sent to WILPF and the Kay Camp Fund Committee by email or mail at addresses below. These materials may be used in WILPF publications.
7. No more than two members from any Section will be funded in one year.
8. In some years, some limited funds may be used for travel within the United States.
9. Unused monies are to be returned to the Kay Camp Fund at the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom, address below.
10. It is expected that the grantee would remain involved with WILPF for at least two years after the event.
📩 Please submit your application electronically to: kaycampfund (a) wilpf.org
Contact for reports or to return unused funds:
Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom
Attn: Ashish Mahajan
777 United Nations Plaza, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10017