Are you committed to working together to build a better world and are looking for an opportunity to support collective feminist power? Do you have a strong background in finance and are passionate about ensuring that the financial accounts are all in order? Do you feel ready to experience the exciting life of working in a grassroots organisation with small budgets and big ambitions? Then you could be the Finance Associate we are looking for.
The world’s need to advance feminist peace is growing rapidly and so is the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF). Several posts are available and among them is that of the Finance Associate.
As our Finance Associate you will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the financial records and bookkeeping.
Deadline: 23 March 2020
The Finance Associate provides support for all financial and related administrative matters; reviews the accounting and bookkeeping of the transactions of the organisation; applying applicable standards, which includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records; responsible for payments as well as processing of the monthly payroll.
- Support the Finance Manager with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the accounting.
- Review as well as coding of income and expenditures to ensure grant compliance on monthly basis.
- Prepare the bookkeeping documents for the external bookkeeper.
- First point of contact for questions from the external bookkeeper.
- Review the accounts and monthly bookkeeping.
- Ensure proper documentation of financial records according to the Finance Manual.
- Responsible for the organisational payments using credit card, petty cash and Paypal.
- Ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with financial policies and procedures.
- Send out notifications of payments.
- Responsible for fee invoices and payment collection process from the WILPF Sections.
- When required, support the Grant coordinators with the review of the partners and sections financial reports.
- Responsible for the monthly gift acknowledgements.
- Process monthly payroll for Geneva office and Employees’ Pay slips preparation.
- Support with preparation of relevant taxation obligations of the organisation (once per year).
- Support the Finance Manager on other tasks when required.
- Authorize flight quotations from the travel agencies and review travel agency statements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting standards.
- Knowledge of a bookkeeping system and reconciliation of financial data software, preferably Cresus.
- Knowledge of payroll in Switzerland and Cresus salary is a plus.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Accounting or Finance, business administration, public administration or equivalent.
- 2 years of experience in a similar position or transferable skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, especially Excel).
- Be able to demonstrate attention to detail and good-record-keeping.
- Prior experience in NGOs and/or UN system is a plus.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French.
- Ability to establish priorities and to multi-task.
- Team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organisation.
- Dedication to and interest in WILPF’s work, aims and principles.
- Spoken and written communications skills.
Reporting lines: Finance Manager
Duration: Open-ended contract
Activity rate: Ideally 100%, open to candidates interested in 80-100%.
Based in: Geneva, Switzerland
Monthly Salary: Based on experience and qualifications (Monthly salary range CHF 4’580-CHF 5’000). Based on 12 months.
Start date: as soon as possible
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Finance Associate” in the subject for consideration.
We will review applications and contact candidates for interviews on a rolling basis. With the first review starting as of 23 March 2020. The application includes a written test.