Are you committed to working together to build a better world and are looking for an opportunity to support collective feminist power? Do you have a strong background in financial management of grants or project finance and are passionate about working together with programme staff, our offices and partners to make the projects happen? Do you feel ready to experience the exciting life of working in a grassroots organisation with small budgets and big ambitions? Then you could be the Senior Grants Coordinator we are looking for.
The world’s need to advance feminist peace is growing rapidly and so is the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF). Several jobs are available, and among them the post of Senior Grants Coordinator.
As our Senior Grants Coordinator you will be responsible for the financial management of selected large grants and will work closely with the programmatic teams to implement the projects.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Grants Coordinator is the financial management of selected large grants, and includes, sub-granting, plus ensuring compliance with WILPF policies and procedures and donor/grant conditions.
Preferred location: Geneva; with the possibility to be based in London from mid-2021 post implementation of the new organisational accounting software.
- Responsible for the compliance and financial management of assigned large grants and subsequent sub-grants.
- First point of contact on all matters related to the financial management of the assigned grants.
- Financial monitoring of the assigned grants.
- Coordinate and review donors’ contracts.
- Responsible for accurate financial donor reports.
- Ensure that the projects comply with the accounting rules according to Swiss GAP, WILPF financial policy and procedures, and donor requirements.
- Review of partners and/or sections’ financial reports.
- Coordinate the selection process for external consultancies.
- Review partners, service providers and consultants’ contracts.
Capacity building and support
- Support projects managers in financial management.
- Ensure appropriate financial processes are being followed.
- Conduct organisational and financial capacity assessment of partner organisations.
- Conduct financial management capacity-building and training to project managers and WILPF’s sub-grantees.
Monitoring and reporting to donors and project managers
- Budget monitoring of the assigned grants.
- Produce accurate and timely donor financial reports in collaboration with the project managers and Finance team.
- Manage financial project audits.
- Maintain accurate filing of grants documentation according to Swiss law.
- Responsible for the submission of accurate budgets for donor proposals in collaboration with the programme team.
- Support programme in their budget development.
- Develop monitoring tools for proposals and grants follow-up.
- Support Finance Manager on all issues related to grants management.
- Carry out other related duties as required and agreed.
Technical skills and Knowledge
- Skills in finance and/or grant management.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with expertise of Excel.
- Ability to analyse financial data, prepare financial reports and statements.
- Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting.
- Transparent and accountable.
- Integrity and professional.
- Ability to interpret financial information to programmatic colleagues who do not necessarily have finance background.
- Ability to nurture interpersonal relationships and good communication skills.
- Solution-orientated and can-do attitude.
- Able to work independently while at the same time being a team-player.
- Interest in WILPF’s mission.
Education, Languages and Experience
- University degree in finance, business management, business economics and/or related areas.
- Proven experience in project finance management and/or grants management.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position or transferable skills.
- Previous experience in an NGO is a plus.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. French and /or Arabic is a plus.
Reporting lines: Finance Manager
Duration: Open ended contract
Activity rate: Ideally 100%, open to candidates interested in 80-100%
Based in: Geneva, Switzerland, with the possibility to be based in London from mid-2021 post implementation of the new organisational accounting software.
Monthly Salary: Based on experience and qualifications (CHF 5’600-CHF 5’900).
Start date: as soon as possible
Please submit your CV and cover letter to jobs(a)wilpf.org with “Application for Senior Grants Coordinator position” in the subject for consideration.