Amid the ongoing and escalating loss of life in Palestine and Israel, which occurs in the context of the Israeli occupation, war crimes, and impunity, we denounce attacks against civilians by all parties. We reiterate all the Palestinian people’s right to self-determination and stress the critical need to address the root causes of violence and oppression.
WILPF urgently calls for an immediate ceasefire, the unconditional release of hostages and arbitrary detainees, and an end to the root causes of violence and oppression. We call upon member states and the UN to demand Israel’s strict adherence to international law, as well as the lifting of the Gaza siege, the reinstatement of aid to Palestinians, the initiation of a UN-brokered peace process, and the discontinuation of support for Israel’s occupation and apartheid regime.
In an attempt to support your efforts to mobilise in response to the unfolding situation, we want to share with you some resources and guidance on what you can do to help stop the ongoing atrocities and loss of life, support demands for a just and sustainable peace, and act in solidarity with Palestinians:
- Countering disinformation and influencing the narrative: In light of the concerning reports of disinformation and the spread of false narratives of the conflict, we are sharing with you a set of resources to help ensure that we all have access to accurate and reliable information. (see list under)
- Amplify Palestinian voices and demands: By sharing first hand testimonies, demands and supporting grass-root organising, we can amplify the voices of those most impacted by the violence and injustice.
- Join mobilisations in your own country whenever it is safe and secure:
- Ask for the protection of civilian lives by joining mobilisations and doing actions and campaigns that are relevant locally.
- Support actions that help end complicity in Israel’s crimes against the Palestinians such as calls for and applications of boycott, divestment and sanctions against Israel, check the BDS movement → URGENT ACTION ALERT for meaningful support for Palestinians
- Advocate for your government, local councils and EU agencies in your country to hold Israel accountable, including through imposition of economic sanctions, incremental restrictive measures, ban on arms trade, restrictions on individuals and companies involved in the settlements, and suspension of all security cooperation and free trade agreements with Israel.
- Donate and share donation campaigns to support the victims:
- Let us know what reliable sources you are reading, what actions you are taking, what statement, demands and voices you think should be amplified and what campaigns should be supported. Sources and campaigns in your own languages and from your own contexts are important. We want to know and amplify a global response against war crimes, occupation and impunity. You can reach out to us at email@example.com or connect through our social media platforms.
List of Trusted Sources
Trustful Palestinian Sources on Twitter:
- Mariam Barghouti https://twitter.com/MariamBarghouti
- Yara Hawari https://twitter.com/yarahawari
- Marian Houk https://twitter.com/Marianhouk
- Marwan Bishara https://twitter.com/marwanbishara
- Breaking the silence https://twitter.com/BtSIsrael
- Noura Erekat https://twitter.com/4noura
Trustful Sources on Instagram:
Read statements and appeals of local Palestinian movements and international campaigns/organisations:
- Women’s Center for Legal Aid and Counseling → Urgent Humanitarian Appeal: Unless The International Community Intervenes, The Death Toll Will Increase Dramatically in The Coming Hours
- Joint statement by Palestinian Civil Society Organisations → Palestinian Civil Society Organisations’ Call for The Protection of The Palestinian People
- Joint statement by Palestinian Civil Society Organisations→License to Kill: Third States Disregard their International Responsibility to Act to Prevent Israel’s Violation of Jus Cogens Norms
- BDS movement → Western Complicity in Apartheid Israel’s Brutal Violence Heightens Palestinian Resistance & International Solidarity
- Madre → Peace Depends on Justice
If you have any additional sources to contribute or wish to participate in the dissemination of mobilisations and solidarity demonstrations taking place in your respective countries, please don’t hesitate to share them with us.
Other Sources of Background Content
WILPF has a long history of engagement in advocacy and solidarity actions for Palestine. In addition to the WILPF Palestine Section, this work is advanced through the International Secretariat’s MENA programme, the recently created Palestine campaign working group and through Section initiatives such as the recent petition supported by WILPF Italy in defence of advocates for Palestinian rights, and the Middle East Peace & Justice Action Committee of WILPF US. For more information about WILPF’s work in Palestine, visit our dedicated webpage.