Urgent Call For Signatures To The Kyoto Protocol Resolution 2004
2 August 2004
1. Recognizing the human right of everyone to enjoy clean air, a pure fresh water
supply, and sufficient food free of contamination,
2. Alarmed at the degradation of much of the worlds environment and the danger
to the health of all populations due to air pollution,
3. Bearing in mind that the Kyoto Protocol’s Agreement on greenhouse gas
emissions is a responsible step forward in controlling pollution of the planets
4. Acknowledging that the requisite number of countries have now signed this
5. WILPF calls on non‐signatories countries, and among them specifically to Australia
and the United States of America, to sign and ratify the Kyoto Protocol.
Just Payment of stolen wages to Indigenous Australian Peoples
The WILPF 28th International Congress of the Women’s International League for
Peace and Freedom requests that international assistance be given to ensure that
indigenous Australians who have had their wages held in trust under past state
government schemes have their wages returned to them with an apology.
We recommend that where such claimants are deceased that their wages should be
paid to their families.